You’ve finally decided to stop putting off your moving plans and started the process of packing up all your stuff. But how do you decide which storage unit is best for you? Without the right one, all that precious stuff that’s been cluttering up your home could end up damaged, lost or stolen. And then what kind of mess would that be?! We’re here to help make sure that doesn’t happen by outlining some key things to consider when choosing Storage Units Swansea, MA.
When it comes to choosing the right storage unit for your needs, size is everything. Here’s what you need to know:
- How much stuff do you have? If your place is overflowing with boxes and boxes of junk that haven’t seen the light of day in years, then finding a big enough storage unit will be a breeze. But if all of your belongings fit into a few suitcases or even less than that, then we may need to start brainstorming some other solutions.
- How long do you plan on storing those things? If this is just temporary space while searching for the perfect apartment or house, then a month-to-month lease should suffice. On the other hand, if it looks like this move might take longer than expected (or worse yet—forever!), investing in something longer-term might be worth considering.
The price of a storage unit is one of the most important factors to consider when deciding which one to rent. The cost varies depending on the size, location, and type of unit you choose.
- Smaller units are cheaper than bigger ones.
- Units that are closer to your home (within a mile or two) tend to be cheaper than those farther away (2 miles or more).
- Ground floor units can cost less than those on higher floors or in buildings with elevators.
- Climate control: If you store anything that can be damaged by extreme temperatures, climate control is a must. This will keep humidity and temperature levels at optimal levels for your belongings, no matter what time of year it is.
- Drive up access: This feature allows you to pull up next to your unit and drive your vehicle right into the storage facility, which makes loading and unloading much easier. It also means there’s no need for stairs or ramps in between units – just one floor level!
- Security. When it comes to storage units, your belongings are vulnerable to theft, vandalism and natural disasters. Storage facilities should be equipped with security features like state-of-the-art video monitoring and an alarm system that can notify the police in case of an emergency.
- Climate control. Because humidity can damage your belongings over time, make sure that the unit you choose has climate control features such as AC or heating so that you can keep a safe temperature range inside the unit while keeping moisture levels down at a minimum level.
- Smoke detectors/fire suppression systems. In some cases it may be required by law for storage facilities to have smoke detectors installed on their premises; however many facilities go above and beyond by installing fire suppression systems as well so that they can prevent any fires from starting in the first place!
Before you make the decision to rent a storage unit, it’s important to know what factors will contribute to a positive experience. The most important criteria is reliability—whether or not your belongings will be safe and accessible when needed. In order for a storage facility to be considered reliable, they need to have all of these qualities:
- Well-lit parking lot and grounds
- Lockers that are clean and free from damage/mold/etc.
- Friendly staff who can answer any questions about their service or policies (if they’re not there when you arrive)
The best way to find the cheapest storage units is to compare prices from different companies. You can also look for discounts and coupons, but keep in mind that these promotions are often limited time offers.
Another thing you should consider when comparing storage unit costs is the cost of moving into the unit. For example, some facilities require you to pay an upfront deposit before moving in (this usually applies if you rent a truck from them).
If this happens and your reservation expires before you move out, then the company will charge you for any remaining days left on your stay even though they did not provide any service during that time period.
- What are the service programs?
- How do they work?
- What are the benefits?
- Costs and options.
In conclusion, there are many factors to consider when choosing Storage Units Swansea, MA. One way to ensure that you get the best value for your money is to look at everything from price, size and convenience for storage access as well as security features that will keep your belongings safe.