There are a number of things to consider when renting a car. You need to ensure that you’ll have insurance coverage: for example, if you’re using the car in another country, you’ll need to make sure it’s covered under your existing policy.
You also want to check whether fuel charges are included and how they work. Finally, there are some other things worth checking before making any commitments with your Prestige Car Hire Brisbane company.
Check the terms and conditions to see if there’s an excess
An excess is an amount you pay when you have an accident, and it’s more than your insurance covers, or if you cause damage to someone else’s property. Excesses vary between policies and can also be higher in certain circumstances.
Make sure you’re covered for driving abroad if you’re crossing borders with your hire car
- If you’re planning on driving through no less than two different countries, double-check the terms of your hire car contract to see if it covers you for that. In some cases, it does—but if not, you might have to buy additional insurance (which could get expensive).
- Check whether your car is insured for driving abroad in the first place. Some cars are only covered for travel within their home country or continent (e.g., an Australia-based hire car is only covered for Australia trips). If this is the case with yours, make sure you know where and when its coverage ends before setting out on adventures across borders and beyond.
- Be aware that some international road rules may differ slightly from those at home—for example, some European countries drive on the right-hand side of the road instead of left as they do in Australia; others follow an ‘all-round priority’ rule which means vehicles must give way at junctions rather than give way first unless they’re turning left; while still others drive on narrow roads built with one lane each direction plus soft shoulders shared by both directions—so be mindful when reaching speeds above 35 mph!
Check whether fuel charges are included and how they work
- Fuel charges are not included in the rental price and will be charged at the end of your rental period.
- Most Prestige Cars Hire Brisbane companies will charge you for fuel if you return the car with less than a full tank.
- Some car hire companies may allow you to return the vehicle with a lower level of fuel and pay for it at that time, but this is not common practice and should be confirmed before booking your vehicle.
We hope this post has given you some insight into how to choose the right Prestige Car Hire Brisbane company.